Help! I have bald spots! What to do?
Posted on April 02 2018
Are you losing too much hair lately? Worried that you’ll be bald soon? Well, you are not alone! A lot of women like you are suffering from bald spots and hair shedding. Losing your hair feels like losing a part of your confidence. Will you suffer in silence like most of these women? Not anymore! It’s about time that we face baldness head on. Why and how do we go bald? What can we do about it?
Baldness and hair loss in women is caused by a combination of things such as:
- Menopause or perimenopause (premenopausal stage)
- Balding gene
- Medical condition
- Excessive dandruff and scalp irritation
- Bad hair care - using hair products or hairstyles that put too much stress hair and scalp
Here’s how we can tackle hair loss and balding head-on:
- Talk to your hair stylist– Go and visit your hair stylist. Finding your perfect haircut and hiding the bald spots is a challenge. There’s a good chance that your hair stylist had encountered balding women before. Ask him/her for some valuable advice. A good hair stylist can give you insights on the right cut, color, and shape of your hair to flatter your features.
- Consult your doctor – Certain medical conditions result in hair loss. You might have a scalp infection that causes itching such as ringworm. It could also be due to an autoimmune disease such as alopecia areata that causes your hair to fall out in small round patches. Hyperthyroidism: where the thyroid gland enlarges and secretes excessive thyroid hormone could also be a culprit. It could also be due to malnutrition, especially if you are suffering from anorexia. People who are suffering from lupus, psoriasis, Addison’s disease, celiac disease and sclerosis may also suffer from hair loss. The best way to work around your hair loss and balding are to get to the root of the problem. Ask your doctor for advice.
- Wear hats or scarves – There’s a reason why you wear hats for a bad day. It is a quick and easy way to cover your hair without looking out of style. If you are indoors, you can wear a scarf instead of a hat. Shop around for various styles to suit your daily outfit.
- Wear hair extensions or a wig – A decade ago, wigs are too plasticky, making you look like a Barbie, doll wannabe. Nowadays, wigs and hair extensions come in all lengths and styles. Premium hair extensions and wigs contain 100% human hair, making it look natural and not noticeable at all. It is essential to do your own homework before you try any type of hair extensions. The safest way is to find hair extensions or wigs that match your natural hair color and texture. If you are naturally curly, look for a wig or hair extension with the same texture. You can also try wigs and hair extensions various colors and length. Fancy Elle hair uses real virgin remy hair for all our wigs and extensions. Our customers are raving about how our hair looks and feels like their own. Try it to see for yourself.